Shortly after getting off the plane in DC, I realized this place ain’t like the town I grew up. After walking around, touring the Capitol Building, it became obvious that a country boy (myself) would see a few things as unique or different.
Here 17 interesting things on how Washington DC ain’t quite like small town Clay, Alabama.
1. Church is a little different The Church of Christ, Scientist.
2. The buildings are bigger.
3. The mayor… well he is actually the mayor.
4. Mark Batterson lives here.
6. No John Deere tractors were driving down the road.
8. People ride the Metro.
9. People dress metro.
11. Men work in suits (without their name printed across the chest.)
12. There are Democrats here.
13. After raking the leaves they don’t burn them. I saw a dump-truck-vacuum-cleaner sucking them up.
14. Bums still have something to say. (Except they blog about it.)
15. “I couldn’t find a parking spot” is a valid excuse for everything.
16. People like Obama. (Ok I know people like him at home too.)
17. The biggest issue in DC is… I cannot pack heat. (aka carry my pistol.)
Have you been to a new city? How was it different than the town you grew up in?